Why Bloggers stop blogging?

Blogging is certainly not an easy thing to do. It is serious stuff. It needs patience and a lot of hard work especially when you are on your own. While blogging you need to focus your mind at the subject of your blog. Any deviation from the subject would affect your blog readership. New posts should arrive at regular intervals of time. A proper study would help you research more on the subject you are posting on your blog.

No traffic on the blog: Most new bloggers check the hits on the blog everyday. It is a motivating factor that will lead to more quality posts from you, only if the numbers are increasing. However if the numbers are not encouraging then it leads to depression and distractions.

Nothing new to write: After a few easy posts suddenly the new blogger runs out of ideas. He even lazes to even research or google on the subject.

No revenue generated: Most bloggers are under the impression that blogging generates revenue. When they find out that the account balance is yet to open, they feel depressed. This takes away their interest in blogging.

Technical incompetent: When trying to unearth the search engine optimization tools, new bloggers tend to find it difficult to understand and implement the webmaster tools. They eventually give up with dismay.

Lack of peer group containing bloggers: When a new blogger has a query, he would reach out to the internet and try to exploit the resources available. However when he is not able to understand the jargon involved in the solutions, he misses his blogger peer group. He finds no friends who would help him with his queries.

Not enough resources: A new blogger would typically write new posts and update his blog regularly. By doing so, he would expect visitors on his blog. To get visitors, the blogger has to spend more time not blogging than blogging. What needs to be done to get visitors is also something the new blogger needs to be aware of.

Lack of marketing: Marketing your blog is the next step after publishing every new post. No one would know about the existence of your blog unless you market it online.

For more Read What to Blog about? to allay your inhibitions about Blogging

5 comments:

  1. I did stop blogging on my writing blog Storypot about a year and half ago, because:
    a) I ran out of things to say
    b) I was tired of talking to myself ( llittle readership)
    c) I was just tired of the hard work when there seemed to be little reward.
    I guess I needed the break.
    I resumed blogging because:
    a)It's a good way to keep my friends up to date on my writing activvities. I work at home, with little physical contact with them, and it's a painless way to tell them what I'm up to without having to email everyone of them
    b) It's a way for me to make new friends without leaving home. And that's what's changed - I market my personal blog as aggresively as I market client blogs now.
    c) Money? Not sure about directly making money from Storypot. It's such a personal blog, about what I'm up to rather than a directly educational blog. But it has indirecty led to paying blogging gigs etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s right Damaria. Creativity is a very taxing activity. Especially when nobody notices a writer’s work, it can become more taxing. It’s only after a good response to one’s blog, one gets motivated. I guess the best thing to do is satisfy ourselves with our creativity. Things will automatically pay off. Patience is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no traffic, no revenue and nohting new to write are the major reasons why most bloggers give up

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it all. I think these are pretty lame excuses to quit. In fact, there really is no reason to quit. Becoming a successful takes time. Too many people assume success will be achieved over night, which is obviously not the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My blog has come through on raw power: I just stuck to the basics of quality content and regular updation. I registered with google search but did nothing at all for marketing or for getting visitors. Now after 18 months I am getting about 220 hits daily(which is rapidly increasing) and expect my first paycheck from adsense in about 10 months from now.

    As long as I have content, traffic will keep increasing. And my content is enough for 10years atleast.

    ReplyDelete

Credits edited by iWrite2know

This layout made by and copyright cmbs.
Copyright © 2007 iWrite2Know.com. All rights reserved.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape